Your vehicle’s engine oil keeps the engine lubricated. This prevents damage from metal-on-metal grinding. If the oil is not routinely changed, it can lead to expensive damages to your vehicle.
Most car experts recommend that vehicle owners get their oil changed every 3,000-5,000 miles to ensure the engine continues to run smoothly. This number can vary depending on your vehicle and driving conditions, so it is important to regularly check for any signs that you may need to get your vehicle’s oil changed. At Carotech Automotive we handle oil change services for European auto owners all throughout the Los Angeles area.
Signs Your Vehicle Needs an Oil Change
The following are signs that you should bring your vehicle in for an oil change:
- Dark Oil. Clean oil is a light amber color. When your vehicle’s oil is dark brown or black, it means it is dirty and needs to be changed. Check your vehicle’s oil regularly by looking at the dipstick.
- Burnt Oil Smell. If your vehicle has a burnt oil smell, there might be an oil leak. You will need to have the leak fixed immediately, and then the oil changed since you may be low on oil.
- Ticking, Knocking, or Grinding Noises. Dirty oil is thicker in consistency and doesn’t lubricate the engine as well. This means you may hear some metal on metal noises which could cause damage to your engine.
- Poor Gas Mileage. When your vehicle’s oil becomes thick and dirty, it creates more resistance in the engine which requires all the parts to work harder, reducing the gas mileage.
- Engine Overheating. Old and dirty oil doesn’t lubricate the engine as well. It puts the engine at risk of overheating. You can keep track of this by checking the temperature gauge.
- Vehicle Shaking While Idling. The excess friction caused by old and dirty oil, can result in your vehicle shuddering while idle.
- Check Engine or Check Oil Light Illuminates. Both of these lights could indicate low oil levels which may require an oil change.
Our experts at Carotech Automotive and Tires specialize in oil change services for European brands including:
We are also the go-to shop for Japanese auto oil change services for all models of:
Lastly, we offer oil change services for Domestic vehicles, making sure you’re covered with quality service no matter what you drive.
Make an Appointment with Carotech Automotive’s ASE-Certified Technicians
An oil change is an important part of your vehicle’s routine service and maintenance. At Carotech Automotive, our ASE-certified technicians will provide exceptional service that will keep your engine in good shape and lasting a long time. Located in Los Angeles, Carotech Automotive also helps drivers from surrounding areas like:
Make an appointment at Carotech Automotive today and we will have your vehicle back on the road running smoothly.