Your automobile’s transmission is what allows your car to move. It converts the combustion of the engine into momentum that propels the vehicle forward. It’s also what lets you drive faster and slower by shifting into higher or lower gears, either manually using a gear shift or automatically.
Since it does so many vital things for your car, it’s vitally important that it stays in good shape. That’s where the experienced technicians at Carotech Automotive and Tires come in. With our expertise in servicing the most popular domestic, European, and Asian car brands in the Los Angeles area, you can trust us to know exactly what your vehicle needs and how to fix it.
How to Tell That Your Transmission Needs Help
There are many different ways that transmission problems can present themselves, but some of the most common are:
- Gear slipping. This happens when the gear suddenly changes while driving down the road, even though you have not sped up or slowed down.
- Clunking noises. Listen for clunking or other strange noises when you change gears.
- Shaking. Normally, transitioning between gears should be smooth. If your car is jerking or shaking when shifting, that means the transmission is malfunctioning.
- Check Engine Light. When the check engine light comes on, it can mean a lot of things, but a professional repair shop has the tools to read exactly what’s going wrong and find the solution.
- Leaking transmission fluid. Transmission fluid in automatic cars is red and has a sweet smell. If you see it pooling under your vehicle, you should bring your car in because it means there could be damage to your transmission.
The Brands We Service
Carotech Automotive and Tires is proud to work on a wide array of car brands in our shop. No matter what kind of car you drive, it’s likely that we’ll know how to work with it. We offer full transmission services for European & Japanese vehicles including all models of:
We are also the area’s go-to transmission shop for Domestic vehicles, offering the same high-quality service & friendly customer service.
Schedule Your Car’s Next Appointment Today
Carotech Automotive and Tires is dedicated to giving each customer the best possible automotive repair experience. Located in Los Angeles, Carotech Automotive is also the go-to transmission shop for surrounding cities including:
If your vehicle’s transmission needs repair, we’d be happy to help. To set up an appointment or learn more, feel free to call us so we can get to know you and your specific concerns better.