Your Kia’s driveline is a critical part of your vehicle. It ensures the distribution of power to the rear and front axles of your Kia. Various components such as the axles, driveshaft, wheels, joints and differentials make up your Kia’s drive train. These components provide the necessary force needed for your vehicle to move.
The failure of the driveline may affect several other components of your driveshaft. It may also affect the functionality and movement of your Kia. We shall highlight some of the primary causes of driveline failures. You will also find out some common driveline failure symptoms.
Symptoms of Kia Driveline Failure
The driveline made of several components is a very important part of your Kia. They are also part of the vehicle’s powertrain, making its effective functioning essential. The following signs indicate a failing driveline and should be attended to immediately.
- Vibrations: The usual symptom of a failing driveline is the enormous vibration that comes from under the vehicle. If the axles, joints, and your driveshaft begin to fail, It would ultimately cause the vibration of the driveline.
- Difficulty swerving: With a very bad driveline, an important part of the powertrain not functioning properly, the wheel of your Kai can become stiff, and the swerving becomes very difficult. Don’t hesitate to go to your trusted mechanics when you notice this.
- Clunking noise: When your driveline starts to wear off or tear out, deafening noises emanate from the powertrain, and you should take it to a professional as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Kia Driveline Failure in Kia
Kai’s automobiles are very delicate, and at some point, they wear and tear for a host of reasons but mostly caused by the Intense usage. Below are some of the common causes that make your driveline fail.
- Damaged Shock Loads: Shock load is a common term used in describing driveline failure in your Kia. It occurs when you apply a sudden force against your Kia’s driveline components. A shock load is prevalent during very cold temperatures. Shock load may occur if you pop your Kia’s clutch above the normal vehicle’s RPM, and when it is not taken seriously, it can be much more dangerous.
- Torsional Fatigue: Torsional fatigue is also referred to as excessive torque load. It may occur when you apply a prolonged force against a component of your Kia’s driveline that is more than the design specification. You may damage the drive train if you attempt to pull a load with more weight than your Kia can handle.
- Wrong Driveline Component Installation: Improper installation of your driveline at the right angle may cause it to fail. Vibrations may occur if the driveline components are not correctly aligned. You may also damage your Kia’s U-joint if the driveline angle is high. The driveline angles should be less than 6 degrees for more efficient driveline operability.
- Poor Lubrication: If your driveline lubrication is inadequate, or you use the wrong type of lubricant, it may affect your Kia driveline functionality. Aside from this, there is a proper way of lubing a driveline. After applying lubricant to the slip joint, improper lube application or failure to drive your Kia may cause the lube to turn into a wax-like substance.
- Improper inspection: It is essential to inspect a driveline periodically even though it is permanently lubed. A dent in your driveshaft tube may be spotted during a routine inspection. Not noticing a missing weight or any other issue that may create a vibration can lead to premature driveline wear or cause it to fail eventually.
- Unprofessional Parts Replacement to solve vibration issues: Replacing your driveline components to resolve vibration issues without knowing the right part to replace may cause driveline failure if done unprofessionally. You can consult an experienced auto-mechanic to correctly diagnose the right cause of the vibration with an electronic vibration analyzer or electronic protractors.
Let Carotech Automotive offer you Professional Vehicle Repair Services
Do you suspect you have a failing driveline? Carotech Automotive can offer you the best repair, installation, and maintenance services for your driveline and other domestic, Asian, and European vehicle parts.
We offer various automotive services, including auto diagnostics, auto repair, AC repair, brake repair, engine check light, etc. We have experienced auto repair mechanics that offer the best vehicle repair services in Los Angeles, CA, so give us a call today!
* Kia Car image credit goes to: Neydtstock.